Friday, December 7, 2012

Hmmmmm: Carrot-Mango-Coconut-Soup


This is my favorite soup of all times, no discussion here. Everytime I make it I think, I should make it more often. And I've already infected friends with the carrot-coco-soup-craze as well. And since I'm a generous person and I grant everybody a delicious meal like this, I'll share the recipe today. I can't remember where I got the recipe from my first soup and I developed and improved it constantly anyway so I guess it's a customized soup now. And now, finde the recipe below and try your own.

For 4 persons you need:
  • 250 gr carrots
  • 150 gr mango
  • 800 ml water
  • little piece of fresh ginger
  • 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon
  • 0.5 litre carrot juice
  • 400 ml coconut milk
  • to serve:  scallions, cilantro, sour cream
  1. Start with cutting the carrots and mango into cubes and grate the ginger
  2. Bring the water to a boil and toss in the bouillon. Then cook the carrots, mango and ginger in the water until tender over medium heat (keep the lid on)
  3. Once the carrots are soft, blend everything in a food processor until its a creamy soup without any carrot pieces visible
  4. To finish, add the coconut milk and carrot juice and bring to a boil again
  5. I served my soup with cilantro, scallions and a tablespoon of sour cream but it can of course be left out or substituted by anything you like (maybe sauteed mushrooms)
Love,
Lela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...