Thursday, March 20, 2014

DIY: Storage Solution for your Washitapes


My collection of washitapes is ever growing. These versatile little craft helpers are great for decorating gifts or pretty much anything else around the house (I sometimes have to stop myself from washi-tapin' my entire appartment). Since my love for these little rolls is also known within my circle of friends, I got a huge stash of gold ones gifted a couple of weeks ago. With about 10 new tapes, my old storage solution was definitely too small know. That's why I came up with this quick, easy and cheap DIY for a washitape holder to make in about 10 min. 
All you need for this is a brass or copper rod and two pliers or pipe tongs. I bought my threaded rod in the hardware store for about 3€. My rod was about 5 mm in diameter. I recommend one with less width, since the 5 mm one was really hard to bend.

You start off bending the closure hook. When this is done, bend the rest into a circle. The hook needs to "look at you". So you hold the rod with the hook facing you and bend the rest to the side, as you can see in the picture. To hang up your washitape holder, you need a large hook at the end that should look like the one from regular clothes hangers. And you're done!
 




If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Love,
Lela

1 comment:

  1. There are many ways to go about organizing your accessory. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these accessory organizer definitely helps you to reduce the space usage and clutter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...